Build Advice: Skills
|Forget the builds you used in Fallout 2. The builds in this game are different.|
|Status||Will add a Builds Template|
|Other Chapters|| Build Advice: Title Page|
Build Advice: SPECIAL
Build Advice: Traits
Build Advice: Perks
Build Advice: Skills
Builds: Strong Explorer
Builds: Universal Soldier
Builds: Turbo Miner
Builds: A Leveling Build
You get to tag 3 skills. Mathematically speaking, it makes best sense to tag skills that have high limits, like gun skills (300). It thus is advised not to tag things like Science or Repair since those cannot be raised above 125 anyway, a limit easy to reach even when not tagged. Recommendations:
- Small Guns: Max 300, Yes it's a good one to tag.
- Big Guns: Max 300, Yes it's a good one to tag.
- Energy Weapons: Max 300, Yes it's a good one to tag.
- Close Combat: Max 300 which is overkill for HtH, but still Yes a good one to tag.
- Throwing: Max 300, Yes it's a good one to tag if you plan to fight this way.
- First Aid: Max 200, Yes even though Books can boost it 60 points.
- Doctor: Max 200, Yes especially if you plan to craft drugs, which gives a lot of XP.
- Sneak: Max 300, Yes but only if you plan to really get it to 300, and get Silent Running.
- Lockpick: Max 150, Yes if you want to get started hunting lockers loot asap.
- Steal: Max 150, maybe only if you plan to be a Thief and get all of the thief perks.
- Traps: Max 150, No. Bump it up without using a tag.
- Science: Max 125, No this one's max is too low, and Books can boost it by 60 points.
- Repair: Max 125, No this one's max is too low, and Books can boost it by 60 points.
- Speech: No. Exceptions include:
- Barter: No. The financial advantage from better Barter prices is too weak for this.
- Gambling: No - this skill is not working yet.
- Outdoorsman: Max 175, Yes for several reasons:
- To get this to 100 sooner to get Ranger.
- To get this to 150 sooner to get the faster-travel perks: Pathfinder and Explorer.
- To get this to 150 sooner to get Scout which is am amazing advantage on the world map.
- To get this to 175 sooner because you heard you get a slightly greater chance to find the Ruined Military Bunker SE.